meet Ophthalmology Specialist, Dr. Grozdanic
Veterinary ophthalmologist, Dr. Sinisa Grozdanic, is accepting appointments two days a month at Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center. He primarily works at Animal Eye Consultants of Iowa, where you may contact him with any questions you may have concerning your pet’s eye health. Additionally, we invite you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Grozdanic at our Fargo-Moorhead area clinic today.
Dr. Grozdanic performs eyelid and corneal surgeries, as well as cataract, glaucoma, and vitreo-retinal procedures at Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center. He specializes in the early diagnostics of glaucoma and retinal diseases, advanced surgical procedures for glaucoma, endoscopic ocular and orbital surgeries, laser therapy for various eye diseases, unique treatments for autoimmune retinal diseases, and stem-cell based therapies for blinding ocular diseases.
Get to Know Dr. Grozdanic
In 1998, Dr. Grozdanic earned his veterinary degree from the University of Belgrade, Serbia. He went on to earn a PhD in neuroscience in 2002 and in 2007, completed his clinical veterinary ophthalmology residency at Iowa State University. From 2007-2011, Dr. Grozdanic served as an assistant professor and staff ophthalmologist with the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences at ISU.
Dedicated to the advancement of his profession, Dr. Grozdanic’s achievements include:
- Publication of 27 manuscripts and a book chapter concerning glaucoma, neuroprotection, autoimmune retinal disease, ocular imaging, and stem cell therapy for blinding ocular diseases.
- Worldwide presentations on advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities for certain eye diseases.
- North America’s first veterinary ophthalmologist to perform artificial corneal transplants in a veterinary patient.
- Developed numerous novel diagnostic and treatment protocols for various canine, feline, and equine ocular diseases.
- US Department of Defense and Secret Service consultant on canine units
- Worldwide pro bono consultations to more than 80 veterinary ophthalmologists on over 300 complex veterinary ophthalmology clinical cases.
Call his Iowa office at 309-826-6217 or go online to schedule.
Visit animal-eye-iowa.com for more information